We provide counsel proactively, negotiate on your behalf when necessary, and litigate forcefully when the situation warrants.
LEGALLY COMPLIANT DOCUMENTS AND ADVICE
One of the most important aspects of being an employer is not only establishing Effective Legally Compliant Policies and Procedures customized for your business, its industry and its specific administrative practices, but also ensuring your HR professionals' and management's day-to-day implementation of those policies is legally effective. There is no good substitute for professional legal advice, review and analysis of employment policies and procedures.
Whether you are an already established business, or a start-up, we can assist you in the following:
- Employee (W-2) vs. Independent Contractor Classification (1099)
- Legal Audits
- Employment Law Preventive Policies and Practices
- Dispute Resolution Plans
- Arbitration Agreements
- Pay Plans
- Class Action Waivers
- PAGA risk evaluation, to review Wage & Hour compliance and Labor Code risk exposure
- State and Federal Leave Laws
- Development and Implementation of Workplace Policies and Procedures
- Custom Employee Handbooks & Manuals and Legally Compliant Training for your HR Professionals and Managers
- Industry Specific Legal Webinars
- Customized Sexual Harassment Training and Management Training
- Executive Employee Contracts
- Legally Required Commission Agreements
- Trade Secret, Proprietary and Confidentiality Agreements
- Employee Relations and Risk Management Assessments
- Harassment and Discrimination Investigations
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
We have extensive experience training managers and supervisors. We provide both legally required training as well as voluntary training and education courses. We will help your managers understand workplace laws as well their legal liability as a representative of your business in their day-to-day work. We provide one-on-one and group training in all aspects of state and federal laws dealing with the elimination of harassment, discrimination and retaliatory conduct in the workplace. We also offer training for supervisory and executive staff to help ensure legally effective implementation of workplace policies and procedures.
INVESTIGATIONS, DISPUTE RESOLUTION, AND MEDIATION
We have extensive experience as neutral independent investigators. We understand very well the process and best practices for independent investigations and by hiring us you can trust that we have the experience, tools and procedures to ensure investigations are done properly, thoroughly, and objectively. Additionally, we can be hired to provide dispute resolution and workplace mediation.
As trial attorneys, we believe in forceful litigation when necessary. Jon Dieringer is an experienced Trial Attorney and has gone to trial in the following areas:
- Wage and Hour Claims
- Employee / Independent Contractor Classification Disputes
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Wrongful Termination